Anti-Tampering Security Software for Linux Applications
CrackProof™ for Linux®
Attacks to embedded software
The more equipments increase, such as connected vehicles and smart consumer electronics that are always-on connection with the internet, the higher the rate of cracking on embedded software increases. There are many cases where equipments are automatically connected to the external network.
The shift to high functionality has been realized in favor of the internet connection on the one hand, an attack from the outside has become easier on the other hand, and the security hole has been spreading.
It can be easily imagined that an individual cracking method could be disclosed through the Internet as a general cracking tool, and the damage might spread explosively. Under such circumstances, perfect measures against cracking on embedded equipments are demanded from now.
Example: Attacks to in-vehicle systems
- Interception of in-vehicle LAN communications
- Invasion to in-vehicle LAN from the wide area network
- Disclosure of the immobilizer certification key and theft of a vehicle
- Leaks of vehicle inherent information such as vehicle ID
- Unauthorized control of the brake or the wiper from outside while a vehicle is driving
- Illegal unlocking of the door from a remote place
Outline of the Product
This is an anti-tampering*1 security software preventing Linux applications including .SO file from cracking damages, such as analysis and tampering by reverse engineering and the outflow of the intellectual property. This software has been developed to protect Linux applications from cracking*2, based on our anti-tampering technologies developed for CrackProof™ Windows version .
Since the anti-tampering processing is completed simply by a drag-and-drop of the target app for security processing, it is possible to introduce security measures without putting extra burden on the application developer.
* 1: Resistance to analysis and tampering * 2: Illegal analysis of programs and tampering
|AES Encryption||Encrypts codes by AES to prevent disassembling.|
|Tampering Check||Prevents tampering with files.|
|Symbol Deletion||Deletes symbol information to make it more difficult to analyze by disassembling.|
|Debugger Prevention||Prevents analysis by debuggers.|
|Memory Snapping Prevention||Prevents memory snapping shot such as core dumping.|
|SO Injection*3 Prevention||Prevents injection of malicious SO.|
*3 To read the SO, that the developer does not intend, in the memory and let it execute aiming to make an analysis or else.
|OS||CentOS ver6.0～6.8, 7.0～7.2 i386/x86_64
Ubuntu 12.04LTS, 14.04LTS, 16.04LTS i386/amd64
|Executable file||ELF*4 format executable file (Exe=Executable Binary)
ELF format Shared Object library (SO =Shared Object)
[i386(32bit) or x86_64(64bit)]
* There is a coding agreement separately.
|Environment to run CrackProof™||Windows Vista and later (It will not work on Linux ®.)|
*4: The ELF is a kind of executable file and this is an abbreviation of the Executable and Linkable Format.
Please contact us for corresponding to the Linux® distribution other than the above-mentioned environment and for corresponding to x64 and ARM.
1. The registered trademark Linux is used based on the approval from LMI (Linux Mark Institute) to where the exclusive license is given by Mr. Linus Torvalds, the owner of the trademark worldwide.
2. Fedora is a registered trademark of Red Hat, Inc. U.S.A.
3. Microsoft and Windows are the trademarks in U.S.A and in other countries of Microsoft Corporation, U.S.A.
4. Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, and Windows 2000 are the registered trademarks in U.S.A and in other countries of Microsoft Corporation, U.S.A.
5. Windows NT 4.0, Windows Me, Windows 98, Windows 95, and MS-DOS are the registered trademarks in U.S.A and in other countries of Microsoft Corporation, U.S.A.
6. The official name of Windows is Microsoft Windows Operating System.